Sunday, July 31, 2005

is this thing on?

I wonder if anyone is reading this besides sara? hm. (hi sara)

Today I was supposed to be at work, but my mother-in-law, who was watching Riley, had some sort of freak floor-mopping accident where she split her kneecap in half (ouch). So I had to go get Riley and take the day off. Freak floor-mopping accidents suck.

I love the damn internet. In particular, I'm referring to epitonic.com, insound.com, and myspace. I have found SO MANY fan-fucking-tastic bands this past week with those three websites. And then when I find bands I like, I check out label's sites as well, to find out about other bands and take advantage of the free mp3s. I'm in love with the idea of being able to hear people i would NEVER have found out about without free mp3s. Stuff I'll never hear on the radio or television, never find in the mall... And if ever manage to make some decent music with garageband, I'll put my own mp3s up! woohoo.

Here are some bands/artists I've recently discovered that I really dig:
Logan Whitehurst. (drummer for The Velvet Teen, another great band). Little Cat. Home-cooked electronic tunes recorded without computers, instead recorded with a vcr...Le Chevre. Oh very nice stuff. I found this one by accident.

I'll continue to post links to good music as I find it, in case anyone out there is interested. Thank God for free mp3s and broadband!

6 Comments:

Blogger saratoga said...

Giiiiirrrrlll!

I was so drunken on my birfday that I DRUNK COMMENTED on your blog! Congrats! That Le Chevre band is great! I added him on myspace!

and hi back at cha!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

shannon i just found this, why didn't you tell me you started a new blog? awesome. i'll read it!

1:54 PM  
Blogger shannon said...

awesome, i really want you to read it!! i gots me two favorite bloggers readin' MY blog! woot!

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://fiwifaxe.com/eyfb/ogqf.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://arhjczvc.com/tezn/vmxz.html]Cool site[/url]

1:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

1:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://fiwifaxe.com/eyfb/ogqf.html | http://twoklrff.com/ngee/ofnh.html

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home